Conference Social Event
The conference social event is a 3-hour Ocean wildlife cruise onboard of catamaran Island Explorer organized by Island Packers Cruises. The cruise starts on Monday, August 1st at 1:30 pm.
At 1:00 pm, we will gather in the foyer of Tides Ballroom (1st floor of the conference hotel) and walk to the Island Packers Office in the Channel Islands Harbor (Oxnard): 3600 Harbor Blvd, Oxnard, CA 93035
Recommendations for the cruise:
- Wear sunscreen (SoCal is on the same latitude as Northern Africa)
- Wear a hat (for sunlight protection)
- Wear low heeled, rubber soled shoes with good grip
- Bring sunglasses
- Hold onto hand rails when moving about or standing, and watch how and where you step
- If you are sensitive to motion sickness (sea sickness), consider taking motion sickness medicine prior to the trip
- Temperatures on the water can be ~ 5 degrees Celsius colder than on the shore. Bring a jacket in case it gets chilly/windy
Island Explorer is Coast Guard inspected and is operated by an experienced captain and crew. Island Explorer's twin hulls mean less roll and smoother ride.